After spending days hunting for the right shades and colours of fabric that I wanted to use for the Mystery Quilt Along I realised that the colours and shades I wanted just weren't there. So I decided to have a go at dying fabric myself.
I went out and bought a couple of metres of ivory coloured fabric and some dylon fabric dyes.
On Sunday I divided up my fabric leaving half a metre of the original ivory coloured fabric as is. I am using this as my base colour for this QAL.
So that my fabric wasn't all solid colours I used some shobri on some of the fabric before dyeing it.
Unfortunately this photo does not do the fabric justice as the shobri worked really well and I'm pleased with the end result.
It is my aim to start on the first block this weekend but with a hectic schedule at the moment this is subject to change.
Whenever I do get started properly I will post photos on flickr and will also blog about it here. Until then I shall hope that my schedule lightens up a little.