Tuesday 18 October 2011

Rainbow River

Hi folks,
Here it is my first blog about The Brit Quilt Swap round 2 (Pillow Fight).

After toying with a few different fabric types and colours I finally decided to go with one of these beautiful fabrics. Fabrics that my very good friend Ethne (FlamingStitches) said I could use that have come from her secret special stash. I will at this point say thank you very much
Ethne.

I started off by piecing together cuts of fabric using freezer paper which I think is the best thing in the whole world. After a couple of hours piecing fabric together I ended up with this:

This is the start of my Rainbow River creation.

I must admit I'm quite happy with the amount I got done today.
Especially as I didn't start until half past one. I have however, left
myself with a bit of a dilemma.
What colour background fabric should I use. I was originally thinking of using black but am not so sure now because I intend to add some stitchery to my partners pillow and then there is the quilting to do as well.

At this stage it is safe to say that any advice or suggestions would be gratefully received.
Anyway I shall blog off now and hopefully I will have some more inspiration tomorrow. Until then happy quilting and blogging.





.


No comments:

Post a Comment